Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reflection paragraph on findings

What I found most interesting in my research is that “Localism” may be one of the reasons as to why the laws are so strict in our area for surfing. Localism is when a surfer or a group of surfers name a certain spot theirs and force others off of that area. The ones conducting this act may use physical violence, confrontation, or damage to one’s surfboard or car. What I found most surprising is that there is a big organization called The World Surf Reserves. What this organization does is adopts surf spots that are in need of saving whether the reason is pollution or population. When they adopt these spots they make them so that surfers are able to surf whenever they please. I had no idea this organization existed and I found it very surprising that this non-profit organization is helping us surfers. One question I still have is “is there a certain reason as to why these surf laws exist?”. The way I feel about my topic is that it was hard to find information on this topic being that there are very little cases going on involving my subject. I still am for my reason of abolishing the surf restricted area along our coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment