Monday, March 7, 2011

backround story

Why do I feel that surf restricted areas should not exist in South Carolina? The law in south Carolina forbids anyone to surf in Horry county between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The only areas where surfing is allowed are designated areas. This law is only in effect during “tourist season” which is very irritating to me and majority of other surfers residing here. I feel as though I should be able to surf wherever I want. Why should I have to give up where I surf because of the overload of tourists bombarding the beaches? I live here and I don’t feel that it is fair that I have to give up where I surf so tourists can crowd up in the water. As a tax paying citizen, the county should meet our needs and requests first rather than calling to the tourists’ satisfaction. I live here all year and should not have to give up my surfing areas. South Carolina should not make surf restricted areas all year round. Surfing is something we do to stay out of trouble during the summer, to clear our minds of all the bad things, and to hang with our friends and share the love of the sport. Why would you want to take that away from us? Abolishing surf restrictions would be a great thing to help our passion carry on. "Surfing is for life" -Bruce Jenkins

1 comment:

  1. I feel that there should not be restrictions but there should be warning signs. IF surfing is a passion then you should not be held back from doing what you like to do. Some places are more prone to sharks or other sea creatures. That is why I would rather people put warning signs, not restrictions.

    ReplyDelete