Thursday, March 10, 2011

What I want to learn


What I want to learn is why do we have surf restricted areas? I am very curious as to what are the reasons they are in effect. The laws that keep surfers out of the water unless at designated surf spots are only in effect during tourist season; why are they only at this time? Is it because of the tourists? I want to know if there was something that happened or some kind of dispute or argument that persuaded the county/state to place laws against surfing in the beautiful months of the year. When the coastal area is thriving with vacationers, we locals would like to be able to remain on our beaches and surf whenever and wherever we want. Some tourists even vacation here just to surf or watch surfers, so why decrease the availability of the sport that attracts people from every hemisphere of the United States and even the world?

2 comments:

  1. Wow...Chris i did not know that surfers had restricted areas. I thought that they can surf anywhere they want to. Also i would to like to know why in some areas surfers cannot surfer and is that because of tourist. I think that you have some great post and I think that your whole blog is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris I think that your project is going to turn out great because you have a topic that is highly debatable and very controversal.The fact that you can relate to this is going to help your project because you are stating a lot of your opinions and that is a good thing.Keep up the good work and continue to gather information about the surfing rules.

    ReplyDelete